Thursday, March 17, 2011

2 funerals and a wedding....and more!!

Last week was crazy. Starting from last Sunday (the 6th) to Sunday (the 13th) we had a baby blessing, a birthday, a funeral, another funeral (that we weren't able to attend in WA), a bridal shower, a wedding, and an open house. I think the only life changing events that I can think of that we didn't attend last week was a birth and a baptism. Did I miss anything? It was crazy.

Our little Porter was blessed on the 6th and Paul gave him a beautiful blessing. A couple of the things that I remember most were that he needed to be an example to his brothers and that he needs to live his life in a way to be worthy to be a SOLDIER of GOD. I loved the wording that was used. I can't recall all the other things that were said, but there was a beautiful spirit there. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and such a sweet little spirit in our family.

Carson turned 2 on the 3rd. I can hardly believe he is that big. He still seems so little to me. To keep the mess of a cake minimal I made a whole bunch of rice crispy treat shaped trains for his birthday. It was fun.

We were sad to hear the news that Grandma Hirschi passed away, but we are happy that she is with Grandpa now and she is no longer suffering. We will miss her so much. 2 days later Paul's great Aunt Lois Hinkley (Gpa Hirschi's sister) died and because the funeral was in UT we were able to attend her funeral. Grandma Hirschi was actually mentioned in the funeral services, so were able to remember her on that day as well.

My step brother got married on sat. (the 12th) and the ceremony was beautiful. The words of the sealer were so inspiring. It was refreshing to be in the temple and see how in love Pete and Britney were. I am so happy for them.

It was also a crazy weekend with the kids because Paul was in Las Vegas. It gets hard when he goes on his business trips, but the sky miles that we get are great. In fact we using all his sky miles to go to Hawaii this year for our 10th Anniversary. So excited!!

No comments: