Thursday, August 25, 2011

First day of school...




I still can't believe that I have a 1st grader this year. It's still crazy to me that he is gone ALL day. I can't even tell you how excited he was to start school. As he climbed on the bus and drove away I only had a few "eye sweats", but he was wearing a huge smile.

Last year Noah went to a charter school, which we LOVED, but we had to drive him to and from everyday. Ugh, it was challenging at times, but not too bad. With Gabe starting kindergarten this year we were going to have to drive both in the morning, pick Gabe up in the middle of the day, and then go back and get Noah later that afternoon. 3 trips to the school, lots of gas, and an 1 1/2 hours of driving time total. As much as we liked the school we decided with gas prices and our sanity that it was too much, so we switched the boys to public school. I am pleased with both of the teachers they got this year and am excited for them to jump right in.

Gabe had his kindergarten assessment this week so school for him doesn't start till next week. He is super excited to ride the bus with Noah. He walks with him to the bus stop, but can't get on the bus yet. Next week buddy. Can't wait!!

...So a week has gone by and Gabe made through the first day of kindergarten. To say that he was excited is a big understatement. He came off the bus and told what a LONG day it was. He was tired, but enjoyed it all the same. He was so proud of himself for getting off the bus at school and going to the playground all by himself. (I was there. He just didn't see me and I watched him walk over to make sure he knew where he was going.) It's hard to believe that my 2nd one is going to school already.