Monday, January 17, 2011

The craziness we like to call DECEMBER...

I know that it has been a while since my last informational post. I just downloaded a bunch of pictures onto my computer so now I can finally post something while Porter sleeps.
Paul celebrated his 31st birthday on the 6th. You can see that his little attachment (aka Carson) loves to blow out candles too. We celebrated by going out to eat at Texas Roadhouse as a family and then we took the boys over to visit Santa Claus at the mall.

On December 10-11 Paul's brother David came to visit and go skiing with Paul. His dad flew down as well to spend some time with us and to see David as well. While Paul and David were skiing I was able to get in some much needed girl time with some friends making Christmas presents at the church. Grandpa took the boys to Cabela's and bought some fun popping guns that have "accidentally" been left at another grandparents house. We had a lot of fun that weekend. (Carson is giving Grandpa kisses.)

(The 2 boys with uncle David.)

Christmas Eve snuck up on us soon after David and Grandpa left. We were in the full swing of Christmas and the excitement was almost too much for the boys to contain. We celebrated Christmas Eve at a church with my dad and step mom, all but one of my siblings, and some of my step siblings. We were a pretty big group so the church seemed to be a good place to hold us all and the gym was a good place for the kids to play soccer and basketball.


And here is our Christmas. It started out a little early with Carson coming in to our room around 6 to cuddle up to Paul. Little did we know he was going to wake up with an ear infection that morning. We felt so bad for him because he didn't show any interest in opening any presents. He just wanted to be held and cuddled. We finally called a friend of our in the ward that is an PA that owns an instacare down the street and was willing to go to his office and get an antibiotic shot to help Carson out. It was so nice to have our little guy feeling better by the end of the day and actually playing with some of his new toys.


The boys were pretty excited to get MORE legos. (I think my life is going to be consumed by legos for the next 6-10 years. I guess that comes with having boys.)

As you know from the last post our 4th little bundle of joy was born 4 days later on December 29th. At my last Dr's appointment my doctor said that he would induce me if I wanted to. So we set the date for the 29th. I was super nervous about being induced. I had always gone on my own and new that when I did go into labor that meant that the baby was ready to come. I was secretly hoping that the baby would come before the induction date, but that didn't happen and I was so nervous that I had Paul give me a blessing and that put all my fears to rest. I knew that this little baby waiting to come to our family was going to be okay. Look for another post about the story of Porter and his birth.
Happy New Years to us. He is so precious.

No comments: